Friday, 15 November; 13:00-17:00
FlexOffice, Fraumuensterstrasse 16, 8001 Zurich
This half-day Product Strategy Workshop has a highly interactive, step-by-step approach that introduces multiple tools, models, and frameworks to help product leaders develop their product strategy. Along the way, Gib will give an insider view of how he crafted product strategy at Netflix.
The product strategy models include:
- The DHM model. This model is at the core of product strategy: how to form key hypotheses about how you will delight customers in hard to copy, margin-enhancing ways.
- The SMT lockup. Based on the strategies above, form a Strategy/Metric/Tactic lockup for your product.
- The GLEe model. This model forces teams to think both big and long-term. Teams identify how their product will “Get big”, “Lead” a next wave, and finally, how they will “Expand” even further 10-15 years in the future.
- The GEM model. This model forces team alignment on how to prioritize Growth, Engagement, and Monetization.
- The four-quarter, rolling roadmap. Based on the work above, build a roadmap showing how all the product team’s work fits together over the course of a year.
During the day, participants will work in 3-5 person teams, using pre-formatted Google Slides to build a product strategy for a product they know and love. They will present their work to peers for feedback.
At the very end of the day, Gib will simulate a Netflix Quarterly Product Strategy Meeting, with two modern-day cases, demonstrating how he kept strategy front and center at Netflix on a quarterly basis.
More about the workshop host:
In 2005, Gib joined Netflix as VP of Product, helping the company grow to 20 million subscribers. In 2010, he became Chief Product Officer of Chegg, a textbook rental company that went public in 2013. Today, Chegg engages 10M students/year and has a market cap of $4 billion. Gib is now an adviser for multiple consumer tech companies and a board member at NerdWallet, a SF-based fintech startup. For the past three years, Gib has also been a guest lecturer in entrepreneurship at Stanford and gives product leadership talks and workshops all around the world. He’s also a guest lecturer for the Product Management Executive Programme from PMF+INSEAD.
AFTERNOON WORKSHOP WITH GIBSON BIDDLE