PMF Connect #22 How do you build products for international markets? Why is product localization important?
When: May 4th at 12:30 pm CET
What is this talk about:
- What is product localization?
- Why is product localization important?
- How are international markets different?
- How we localized escrow payments and shipping user journey at Carousell when we launched in Malaysia, Singapore & Taiwan?
Bio of speaker
– Lakshay Kalra is currently a Product Manager at Carousell
, one of the world’s largest and fastest growing marketplaces in Southeast Asia, Taiwan and Hong Kong. His core responsibility is looking after payments & shipping products across SEA, to ensure buyers and sellers can transact conveniently. Previously, he was one of the earliest PM at Cleartax, a fintech startup backed by Sequoia Capital India and Y Combinator where he scaled up marketplace products and worked on building Cleartax GST. Outside of his work, he is a fitness enthusiast and an avid reader & regularly shares his views on LinkedIn related to technology, product management & strategy. He has also won multiple national & international accolades, while previously running a social sector enterprise.