1-5 April 2019 @ Fontainebleau, France
Singapore (please inquire)
REGISTER HERE for our next info session
- What is the programme?
- Duration: 5 days
- An accelerated executive leadership talent development programme from award-winning INSEAD faculty and advanced product management sessions from PM executives at the top technology companies.
- This programme is for Chief Product Officers, Head of Product, VP of Products and similar title levels who wish to refine their executive leadership skills. It is also for rising senior product leaders transitioning to executive product roles.
- Price: €9200
- Who is teaching it?
- Our sessions will be led by award-winning INSEAD professors and leading PM executives at top technology companies including:
- Noah Askin, Asst Professor at INSEAD
- Kenneth Chin, Chief Product Officer at SEEK Asia
- Mark Hull, Director Prod Mgmt at Facebook
- Li Huang, Asst Professor at INSEAD
- Giovanni Iachello, Head Intl Video Products at Facebook
- Hari V. Krishnan, CEO, PropertyGuru
- Raphael Leiteritz, Director Prod Mgmt at Google
- Ram Papatla, VP Global Experiences at Booking; ex-VP PM at Flipkart
- Mina Radhakrishnan, co-founder at Different, first Head of Product at Uber
- David Vismans, Global Director & CPO at Booking.com
- Why should I attend this programme?
- As product executives advance in their careers, the type of responsibilities they face grow. Part of the programme will involve real cases from leading digital companies. Attendees will learn from the leading tech companies how they organize, lead, and run PM from an executive’s standpoint. And PM execs also have to focus more on topics such as influencing and shaping organizations, leading without authority, communicating at the board level, and more. A standard PM education is insufficient at this point and so we have partnered with INSEAD, which has experience teaching these topics at the executive level.
Product Management (PM) is now an executive level function. As companies become more product-led and product-centric, Chief Product Officers and other executive product roles are appearing and rising in prominence. At this level, strong leadership skills are critical to the success of the individual, team, and organisation, and oftentimes, people don’t realise the impact their leadership style can have on themselves and others. As more product managers reach the executive ranks, they and their companies are recognising the need for accelerated development in this area.
To begin the process of honing executive-level product management skills, the Product Management Festival (PMF), an organisation dedicated to the development of product managers, and INSEAD, have partnered to develop the Product Management Executive Programme. It provides current and rising PM executives with the tools, knowledge and know-how to lead effectively and to amplify their impact in the organisation.
The Product Management Executive Programme is designed to provide attendees with opportunities to deepen their understanding of leadership and to develop their capacity to exercise it effectively and responsibly, while also providing a balance of PM-focused sessions. It will be led in tandem by INSEAD faculty and product executives from leading technology companies, providing strategic insights from the field and skills that will be critical to your success. The leadership and PM content is intertwined to reflect the many demands PM executives face.
Confront, acknowledge, and develop your leadership style so that you can lead yourself and your organisation through growth and change
Explore frameworks, recognise your impact on group dynamics, and design actionable plans to guide you in how to build, develop, and retain your teams
Learn executive-level topics from top product management executives who will help you apply what they’ve learned in the field to your situation
Enhance essential soft skills as you learn how to interact and negotiate with the board, investors, strategic partners and other stakeholders
Grow your network with other product executives and gain access to leading product management experts worldwide
The programme is tailored for current product management executives who desire further personal and career development to amplify their impact on the organisation. It is also designed for rising product management leaders who are transitioning into top executive roles.
The Product Management Executive Programme has been designed for you to build upon and integrate your past experiences, your current situation and your future aspirations. Through guest lecturers from leading technology companies, cases, group activities, and feedback and action planning, you will have opportunities to explore how leadership works, to learn how PM executives have maximised their impact within their own organisations and to lead and develop a sustainable product team. The programme consists of a three-pronged approach:
- Product Leadership
- Learn from those who’ve come before you. Product management executives at the top technology companies present on topics that are critical to your success such as:
- Scaling the PM organisation
- Managing a board and other stakeholders
- Managing a product portfolio
- Building a product strategy and managing growth
- Using OKRs and KPIs effectively
- Guiding through org changes such as M&A
- Leadership Development
- INSEAD professors use group activities, cases, live examples and more to help attendees personally and professionally develop through topics such as:
- Acknowledging and developing your leadership style
- Acquiring the skills to lead diverse teams
- Leading without formal authority
- Understanding and using networks
- Harnessing the power of organisational culture
- Honing negotiation skills
- Communicating with a board
- Recognising your impact on group dynamics
- Personalised Action Plan
Programmes are not effective unless you have a way of tying them all together. The Product Management Executive Programme includes dedicated sessions that enable you to combine all the lessons learned and synthesise them into a personalised action plan
Sample Programme Schedule*
Light green days are predominantly organizational/leadership content;
Dark green days are predominantly PM content
*schedule for each programme may vary slightly